Cosmic Baubles and Jewels adventures in Jewelry

This is going to be my log of the trials and tribulations in the world of jewelry design.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Updates and SteamPunk

Ok, first back to trying the blogging thing here again. I will try to update as often as I can.

Update on one necklace that seems to be getting some attention, not just on Etsy, but on yardsellr.com and Facebook. "Keys to Universe" Statement Necklace was inspired both by the NASA contest awhile back, but also my daughters who I want give the "Keys" to. I took some better pics that hopefully show the detail better.




Is it rude to say "Thanks so much for all the accolades, but could you buy something at least!?" Now I'm mentally ducking as my Mother takes a swipe at me for being very inconsiderate. LOL I really do appreciate all the great and positive comments. It still surprises me sometimes that other people, not counting family and close friends, seem to like my pieces enough to buy them. :D 

I have to decided to jump in and explore the world of Steampunk Jewelry. Doing the research on it has been fun and it is really kinda cool. Haven't decided if it's me yet; but I'm willing to give it a shot. Yesterday afternoon roped in my parents into dismantling an old irobot, radio, outdoor digital weather station and scrounged around the house and garage. Once we got started though I think they were having way to much fun. Mom wants to hit the resale shops for old watches and clocks and other little machines for Dad to tear into and see whats cool in there. The old family farm gets hit on Thursday for scrounging. I'm figuring on some really neat stuff given that my Grandmother is a packrat and loved going to auctions and buying mystery boxes. If this gets really going good not only will everybody's broken and forgotten jewelry be in danger, but also garages and toolchests, misc drawers. HEHE just watch out people I'm coming for your pretties and cool bits too! 

Well need to fix little one lunch. she was watching way to close yesterday may have to keep an eye out for the appliances. Post more pics of some items later.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment